raen1111

 
There are words in the wood,

The trees hang on lightly to the snow

And whisper it with soft inspiration

Into their roots.  Three hawks

Come in mourning light, bearing

Messages from the west.

Ostara waits with daffodil scent,

I know what

She holds in her little silver box. 

I have waited for so long and Eostre

is sneaking up, all blinking eyes and

puckered lips.  Eggs slipping into nests.

She is quick in the quickening.

The eagle lifts, in magic and majesty,

Southern wings, heading towards

The northern light ~

There is a strong urge in the remembering ~

I am the seraphim drawn in a minor key,

But even with that, light seeps through

The seams.   I am carbon-infested bones,

Stardust swirling through my blood

Stream.   I have been fitted for a black,

Satin hat - by a strange, sweet man - he is red and

Yellow, just a pinch mad.  He has been through


the flame and he carries my locket name.


I tie scarlet scarves

Around my stitched on head, and

No one thinks twice about it ~

Even as the seamstress considers

How to re-attach such things ~ I dance

In knitted-lace dreams, with the back and

Forth sway of peacock feather promises –

Picking up tiny metal numbers from the ghost

Infested floor ~ 2’s and 0’s, 1’s and 3’s

I know the mountain has me in her mind’s

Eye, I can feel her breath against the back

Of my broken heart, she is clearing out

A womb room, in the middle of her own

Heart, and she is calling in the strong man with

Dark wings, he holds space at the entrance

As I journey into her center . . . I have work to do.
0 Responses

Post a Comment