raen1111



and the sky was orange and shocking pink,
smoky purple and black coal
smudged
across my grey mind.

bring me,
take me,
carry me,
home.

broken glass in your hands,
you don't flinch.

you kiss my forehead,
then my hand.

you hold my tired head,
on your strong shoulder.

and baby,
there is so much
to shoulder.

too many broken men.
too many nightmare dreams.


long . . .

long before the dawn.

my sisters and i hung in the air,
we stitched diamonds onto the
black velvet quiet with carbon
thread.

then with one warm whisper,
the night began to twinkle and
glow.

long . . .

long before i fell asleep
in the lilac and whippoorwill dream.

and awoke to the hornet
sting, and glass filled big
toes and gum entangled hair.

thin cotton nightgown,
dancing on white and black
plastic floors.

a river of dance,
before anyone cared.

when i leave here,
with yellow roses pinned
into my soul.  i will
pick up with wild wonderers
like the wind.


and i may remember nothing else
but i will always trace your name
into the dirt and the sand and the
hair of the children, as they play

and

cry.





0 Responses

Post a Comment